Saturday, September 17, 2011

Edge Of Seventeen (1998)


"Edge Of Seventeen" is a pretty good, coming of age movie. I love almost anything "coming of age", so this is up my alley. Its about Annie Lennox obsessed Eric (Chris Stafford) who can't figure out if he's gay or straight in 1984 Sandusky, Ohio. This movie was made to look old, like it was actually filmed in 1984. Its not exact, but pretty close with its nice and grainy film lines. There's some kool costumes and a pretty good New Romantic/New Wave soundtrack with lots of A Flock Of Seagulls. Tina Holmes (who I remember from "Six Feet Under" whose character name is Maggie in both of these) is his adorable best friend/girlfriend. 

This is the second gay related movie/TV show I've watched lately. The last being my DVD Netflix rental of "Queer As Folk", the last season. I'm glad Rosie O'Donnell didn't become a permanent character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment